• Cultural port on the River Loire
• Charming working-class areas
• Fabulous works of art at Les Machines de l’Île
• Passage Pommeraye, the only three-floor shopping arcade.
• Wine tastings on the banks of the River Loire
Nantes is the sixth largest city of the country and the leading city of culture in western France. The trademark of Nantes is Les Machines de l’Île, featuring workshops where you can marvel at the incredibly creative moving works of art. The city is located by the River Loire which is famous for its wines, castles and cycling routes. Book your flights to Nantes now and explore this artists’ town!
Tipps für Ihren Aufenthalt in Nantes
La Ligne VerteNeed a city map? You don’t thanks to ‘La Ligne Verte’. Just follow the green line painted on the ground. This line will take you along the most beautiful places and sights of the city, so you don’t miss out on anything. We have selected our three favourite must-sees:
• Château des ducs de Bretagne
You cannot go the River Loire without visiting a castle! Château des ducs de Bretagne is an authentic castle with towers, ramparts and of course a moat. In the museum, you will learn everything you want to know about Nantes throughout the centuries.
• Jardin des Plantes
Flowers, plants, birds, greenhouses… Jardin des Plantes is a green spot in the city where it is lovely to wander. Make sure you look for the green topiaries, little gems!
• Machines de l’Île
Machines de l’Île takes you to another world. The merry-go-round with three levels features marine animals which can be operated by the ‘passengers' and is truly amazing. In the gallery you can view mechanical animals, including a heron, an ant and a caterpillar, which might take you for a ride! However, the main symbol of Nantes is the mechanical elephant that walks through the city carrying 50 people on its back.
On your bikeFlights to Nantes take you to a bicycle-friendly city. First of all, Nantes is situated at the junction of two long-distance cycle routes which extend for many kilometres. However, you can also cycle along the River Loire, or follow a route through the city centre which features good cycle lanes. The orange bikes of Bicloo are very handy and cheap to rent. You pick them up and drop them off at one of the many stations throughout the city.
To the beachNantes is not situated by the sea, but after a flight to Nantes you are only a one-hour drive away from the coast. Thalasso therapy in Pornic, the port of Saint-Nazaire, the markets of Saint-Brevin… each coastal town has its charm. Whether you opt for a long, open beach or a small beach between rocks, in any case you will be able to enjoy the sand, sea and sun.
* Preise pro Person, Hinflug, einschließlich der Flughafensteuern. Buchungen möglich vom 07/11/19 bis zum 08/11/20. Abreise möglich vom 07/11/19 bis zum 08/11/20. Die zu diesen Sonderpreisen angebotenen Flugtickets sind beschränkt erhältlich. Die Sonderaktion gilt nur, solange der Vorrat reicht. Diese Angebotsliste wird regelmässig aktualisiert. Den Zeitpunkt der letzten Aktualisiering finden Sie untenstehend neben 'zuletzt bearbeitet'. Tickets zu diesen Minimumpreisen sind daher immer begrenzt verfügbar und nur solange der Vorrat reicht. Danach können höhere Preise gelten.