Flights to Volos: that’s why!
• Important Greek port
• Wonderful setting at the foot of Mount Pilio
• A must-drink: tsipouro
• Dolce far niente at Anavros Beach
Tipps für Ihren Aufenthalt in Volos
Typically Greek: tsipouroIn Volos there are hundreds of Tsipouradika or Ouzeri, taverns where you can taste tsipouro and other beverages. This authentic Greek liquor is usually served with delicious meze, mostly fresh seafood. Tip: be sure to go for a drink in a Tsipouradika near the harbour, where you will enjoy a pleasant atmosphere and a nice view.
Sights: our top 3Volos may be a modern city, Greece has plenty of traces of antiquity. Another reason to book a flight to Volos! We have listed the most beautiful spots for you:
1. The University of Thessaly. This university is housed in a former tobacco warehouse dating from 1935 and is located on the promenade near the harbour. Nearby, you can visit Argo, a replica of the famous ship on which Jason and the Argonauts sailed to Colchis to retrieve the Golden Fleece. It seats 50 rowers and is nearly 30 m long.
2. Various churches. Agios Nikolaos is a unique Byzantine church thanks to its marble reliefs and wonderful bell tower on the courtyard. Also visit Agios Konstantinos, Agia Metamorphosis and Agia Triada where you can take in the mystical atmosphere and admire the wonderful icons.
3. The archaeological museum. This neoclassical building was constructed in 1909 and displays objects found at the ancient settlements of Sesklo and Dimini, whose ruins are worth a visit as well.
Did you know...…famous musician and composer Vangelis was born in Volos?
…Volos is one of the 4 Greek cities where football matches were played during the 2004 Summer Olympics?
From Volos to Larissa and SkiathosVolos is located in the heart of Greece, about halfway between Athens and Thessaloniki, the country’s largest cities. Approximately 60 km northwest of Volos, Larissa is the capital of the Thessaly region. Be sure to visit the acropolis on the hill, the remnants of two theatres and the archaeological museum. A bit further away, almost 80 km from Volos, lies the green island of Skiathos. It is part of the Sporades archipelago and can be reached by ferry. Take a look in the Evangelistria Monastery located on top of a hill and the ruins of Kastro, the castle that once served as a refuge for many. The coastline is dotted with picturesque coves, sandy beaches and white houses.
* Preise pro Person, Hinflug, einschließlich der Flughafensteuern. Buchungen möglich vom 15/05/18 bis zum 03/04/19. Abreise möglich vom 15/05/18 bis zum 03/04/19. Die zu diesen Sonderpreisen angebotenen Flugtickets sind beschränkt erhältlich. Die Sonderaktion gilt nur, solange der Vorrat reicht. Diese Angebotsliste wird regelmässig aktualisiert. Den Zeitpunkt der letzten Aktualisiering finden Sie untenstehend neben 'zuletzt bearbeitet'. Tickets zu diesen Minimumpreisen sind daher immer begrenzt verfügbar und nur solange der Vorrat reicht. Danach können höhere Preise gelten.