Flights to Zakynthos: that’s why!
• Innumerable bays with sandy beaches
• Magnificent landscapes with vast orchards
• The most famous landmark of Zakynthos: the mysterious shipwreck
• A popular breeding ground for sea turtles
Tipps für Ihren Aufenthalt in Zakynthos
Navagio or Shipwreck BeachIs there such a thing as the perfect beach? Navagio Beach, at any rate, is one of the most photographed beaches of Greece, which is hardly surprising. Azure blue waters along pearl-white sands, surrounded by high, chalkstone cliffs. And in the middle of this cove lies a mysterious shipwreck, for no apparent reason. You can reach the beach by boat, but you can also go for a walk on the cliffs and enjoy the beautiful view.
Blue cavesHaving booked your flights to Zakynthos, your holiday wouldn’t be complete without a boat trip to the blue caves. Situated in the north of the island near the village of Agios Nikolaos, they are a feast of natural beauty: the turquoise water reflects onto the white rock formations, which makes the rocks seem blue. To enjoy this phenomenon even more, you can go snorkelling or swimming in the caves.
TurtlesZakynthos, and especially the nature conservation area around the Bay of Laganas, is one of the favourite breeding grounds of the loggerhead turtle, an impressively large sea turtle species, measuring up to 1 metre. The animals bury their eggs in the sand, on the place where they were born themselves. If you are lucky, you can also see these turtles on the island of Marathonissi, to be reached by boat.
BeachesA flight to Zakynthos brings you to stunning beaches. The most popular one is to be found in Laganas, a seaside resort packed with bars, restaurants, shops and nightclubs. Tsilivi is rather traditional but offers all necessary amenities for a splendid holiday, with numerous beach bars and water sports facilities. The long sandy beach of Kalamaki is a lovely place to relax and when you go swimming, there’s a large chance you will come across some sea turtles. The picturesque beach of Xigia has a natural spa treatment in store for you: the water contains collagen from the rocks, which is said to be good for your skin.
The capitalThe city of Zante or Zakynthos is the capital of the island. Most landmarks are grouped around the two historical squares, Dionysios Solomos Square and Agios Markos Square. They are home to the Byzantine museum containing an excellent collection of icons and paintings, the museum of Solomos and Kalvos exhibiting the tombs of the two Greek poets, the Church of St. Nicholas and the Church of St. Mark, the only catholic church of the island. The St. Dionysios Church along the waterfront is also impressive. Just outside the city, on Strani Hill, you can see the ruins of a 15th-century Venetian castle. The beautiful view of the city is a wonderful extra! Furthermore, the city of Zakynthos is a charming, pleasant place to wander about, go shopping, stroll along the quay and try the local specialities.
* Preise pro Person, Hinflug, einschließlich der Flughafensteuern. Buchungen möglich vom 05/03/18 bis zum 24/10/18. Abreise möglich vom 05/03/18 bis zum 24/10/18. Die zu diesen Sonderpreisen angebotenen Flugtickets sind beschränkt erhältlich. Die Sonderaktion gilt nur, solange der Vorrat reicht. Diese Angebotsliste wird regelmässig aktualisiert. Den Zeitpunkt der letzten Aktualisiering finden Sie untenstehend neben 'zuletzt bearbeitet'. Tickets zu diesen Minimumpreisen sind daher immer begrenzt verfügbar und nur solange der Vorrat reicht. Danach können höhere Preise gelten.