How much luggage am I permitted to take with me?
There is no checked-in luggage included in the price of your holiday. Special allowance for babies only: 10 kg luggage. The luggage to be transported may consist of one or more cases.
Dimensions of checked luggage:
- maximum 32 kg
- length 80 cm
- width 25 cm
height 60 cm
Already booked a holiday and want to add luggage? You can do that easily, quickly and inexpensively! More info about extra luggage
Recommendation: Label all your baggage. Baggage labels can be obtained at the TUI desk at the airport.
How much carry-on luggage can I bring?
Each passenger (2 years and older) is allowed 1 personal item as well as 1 piece of carry-on luggage.
1 personal item:
- maximum 40 x 30 x 20 cm
- must fit under the seat in front of you
- e.g. backpack, laptop bag, handbag, camera bag, umbrella
- may always be taken in the cabin
1 piece of carry-on luggage:
- maximum 55 x 40 x 20 cm
- maximum 10 kg
- must fit in the overhead storage compartments
- e.g. trolley, small suitcase, large bag, large box, hatbox
- some carry-on luggage may not fit in the cabin, in which case it will be transported in the cargo hold free of charge
Advantages if your hand luggage meets the guidelines:
- Hand luggage in the cabin
- Smooth boarding and departure
- Fewer kilos = fewer emissions
- Batteries: for safety reasons, you are not allowed to carry loose lithium batteries (e.g. power banks or spare batteries) in the baggage you check in. Please put them in the personal item you can take on board. This practical overview provides more information about the items you are or are not allowed to carry in our (carry-on) baggage.
- Mobile equipment: it is allowed to bring mobile equipment such as a telephone, laptop or tablet on board TUI fly, provided that it fits in regular hand luggage. Power banks, should not be recharged on board the aircraft they should also not be used to recharge any device e.g. mobile phone while on board the aircraft.
- Sports equipment (diving/golf equipment, bicycle) is not transported free of charge. This needs to be applied for upon booking.
- A wheelchair is not included in the standard baggage. A wheelchair needs to be mentioned during booking
- Special baggage: buggies, wheelchairs, bicycles and other sports equipment, i.e. anything that does not fit in a suitcase with standard dimensions. This baggage is transported at the risk of the passenger. In case of TUI fly flights, you can take out insurance for these goods at the TUI desk at the airport.
Security measures for hand luggage
- Liquids in hand luggage: due to European regulation N° 1546/2006 there are restrictions on the amount of liquids allowed in hand baggage. The more stringent rules only apply to baggage taken into the cabin and to all passengers who depart from a European airport regardless of their destination. Separately packaged liquids of maximum 100 ml each are allowed. Several bottles of liquid need to be packed together in a re-sealable transparent plastic bag. There is a maximum of 1 litre per passenger. Liquid is defined as: drinks (water included), perfumes, gels, shampoo, sunscreen and semi-liquid products such as tooth paste, sprays, spray cans and deodorant. There is no limit on the amount in the checked-in baggage. Exceptions (are allowed): medicines as well as baby and dietary food needed during the flight. At the security check, all passengers must present the plastic bag with the liquids separately and also take off their coats and/or shoes and remove their portable computers or other large electronic devices from their baggage. Products which do not comply with the regulations may be confiscated. It is possible that local authorities outside the EU apply more stringent standards and may sometimes act rather arbitrarily.
- Not allowed in hand baggage but allowed in checked-in baggage: liquids, sprays, knives, scissors, metal nail files and nail clippers
- Tax-free purchases: this remains possible but the sealed packaging may only be opened at the final destination.
- Customs Import Restrictions: Read the brochure of the ‘Administration of Customs and Excises’ at www.tui.be/nl/douane
Liability for luggage
The liability of the carrier in case of baggage damage, loss or theft is limited by international treaties. The set compensation is far below the actual value of or damage to the baggage. You can take out insurance against these risks by paying a premium. In case of lost or damaged baggage, you need to have a “Property Irregularity Report” and a “Damage Baggage Report” completed with the “Lost & Found