• Enjoy all the Provence region has to offer
• The historical centre of Avignon, with the Palais des Papes and the famous bridge
• The wonders of nature in the Luberon and Gorges du Verdon
• The Mont Ventoux, a mythical place for all cycling enthusiasts
The Provence region is deservedly one of France’s most popular holiday regions. Thanks to the beautiful cities, tranquil landscapes, delicious cuisine and Mediterranean climate, holidays in this region are the very best. Put on your hiking boots or jump on your (rented) bicycle for an unforgettable experience. It’s easy to book your tickets to Avignon with TUIfly. Do you smell the lavender?
Tips for your stay in Avignon
Sur le Pont d’AvignonYou will not know where to look first in the historical centre of Avignon. There's a good reason why this city was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site: there are interesting places to visit everywhere. The Palais des Papes, for instance, an impressive Gothic building where the Avignon festival is organised each summer. The Pont St-Bénézet, the bridge that was partially destroyed during the fall of Avignon in 1226 and is well-known from the song, is a must-see. The city boasts several museums and the busy Place de l’Horloge is perfect to have a drink outdoors.
Gate to the Provence regionAnyone who hears the word “Provence” immediately smells lavender, tastes the delicious herbs, hears the crickets and sees the rolling fields. The Provence is a region you feel in every fibre of your being. Visit metropoles like Arles, Nîmes, Nice and Marseille and explore the diminutive villages oozing charm and character. Enjoy life with a glass of pastis and a bowl of olives, watching the locals play pétanque. And of course, your holiday wouldn’t be complete without a wine tasting session. Do you hate queuing for hours on your way to the Provence? Book a flight to Avignon and you’ll be there before you know it!
Actively explore the regionThe Provence is the perfect place to relax, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend your days doing nothing. The mountainous Parc Naturel Régional du Lubéron is a perfect environment for a hike, for instance. And if you like to cool down, you can go kayaking or rafting in the Gorges du Verdon, a magnificent 25 km crevice between Castelland and Moustiers-Sainte-Marie. Those who are ready to take on a real challenge can climb the famous bald mountain: the Mont Ventoux is a must-do for all cyclists.
* Prices per person, one way. Airport taxes included. Booking period from 23/04/2021 until 07/11/2021. Departure period from 23/04/2021 until 07/11/2021. Limited number of seats. When fully booked, higher price will apply. This list of promotions is updated frequently (the time of update is displayed hereunder, next to "Last modified"). There is only a limited number of seats available at the promotional rate. When fully booked, higher price may apply.