• Impressive varied landscapes characterised by long sandy beaches and unique plants and wildlife
• A Mediterranean climate with warm, dry summers
• A multitude of interesting historic sites and places to see
• Gastronomic delights in the restaurants
Are you looking for a sunny beach holiday with a dose of culture? In addition to the long sandy beaches set against the green mountain landscape, the Olympic Riviera is home to a large number of archaeological sites, including that of Olympia. You can almost literally taste the sun in the delicious local dishes, prepared with fresh products ripened in the mild Mediterranean climate. Plenty of reasons to book your flights to Araxos!
Tips for your stay in Araxos
Sun-drenched beachedNo better place to unwind than the beautiful sandy beaches of the Olympic Riviera. The port of Kyllini, for example, features a beach with all necessary facilities, from beach umbrellas to water sports. The traditional seaside resort Arkoudi is ideal to relax. A large number of beaches here have been awarded the European Blue Flag eco-label. Furthermore, the rugged, hilly hinterland creates a wonderful panoramic view.
World-famous OlympiaFlights to Araxos take you to a world-famous spot: Olympia is the birth-place of the Olympic Games. Nowadays, the Olympic flame is still lit there every four years. The ruins of the stadium where the Olympics took place, the temples of Hera and Zeus, the training pitch and the entrance through which the athletes accessed the stadium… Here the sporting past of the ancient Greeks comes to life again.
Seaport town PatrasThe bustling port of Patras is the capital of the region and boasts plenty of sights. Number one on the list: the church of Saint Andrew of Patras, an impressive building in Byzantine style, decorated with beautiful frescos. The archaeological museum, exhibiting objects dating back to 3000 BC, is definitely worth a visit. The Odeon takes you back to the Roman era. This ancient music temple is still used as an open-air theatre for performances and concerts. However, Patras has much more to offer. It is a trendy and vibrant student town, with the most bustling nightlife of the peninsula. Another wonderful thing to do there is to stroll along the narrow streets or the promenade along the beach and the port.
The story of SpartaSparta, the historical city famous for its strict laws, its military training and its slaves. You can visit the Acropolis with the remains of a temple and a theatre, the Tomb of Leonidas, the Sanctuary of Apollo… Wherever you go on the Olympic Riviera, with flights to Araxos you will be immersed in Greek mythology and history.
* Prices per person, one way. Airport taxes included. Booking period from 07/11/19 until 08/11/20. Departure period from 07/11/19 until 08/11/20. Limited number of seats. When fully booked, higher price will apply. This list of promotions is updated frequently (the time of update is displayed hereunder, next to "Last modified"). There is only a limited number of seats available at the promotional rate. When fully booked, higher price may apply.