• An important military port
• A beautiful commercial port
• Brittany's third largest city
• Château de Brest with a wonderful view
• Océanopolis for ocean lovers
Brest is Brittany's third largest city and is situated at the westernmost point of France. A flight to Brest takes you to a city which is mainly known as a military port. During the Second World War, the port served as the home base for German submarines. Nowadays it is still an important mooring place for various ships of the French fleet, so it is the place to be for boat spotters! However, this city has much more to offer. Book cheap flights to Brest now and get to know this important port!
Consejos para su estancia en Brest
Brest as a strategic point of defenceThe port of Brest has been an important strategic location for ages. In Roman times, a first military stronghold was built there. During the Second World War, it fell into the hands of the Germans and accommodated a submarine dockyard. Because of the many bombings, the port fell apart and more than 90% of the city was destroyed in 1944. After the city had been rebuilt, Brest developed into the most modern city of Brittany. It is still an important landing place for vessels of the French fleet.
Flights to Brest: sightsWe cannot ignore the past, but Brest is much more than a military port. We have summed up some of the most important tourist attractions in this thriving port:
• Château de Brest was built in the 11th century and is one of the few remnants dating back to Brest’s early history. After the war, it was entirely restored. The monument towers over the port and provides an amazing view of the sea. Make sure you visit the donjon or keep and the Musée de la Marine, a museum which exhibits ship models, navigation tools and other marine objects.
• Océanopolis. In this research centre, you will learn everything you want to know about marine wildlife. It is also one of Europe’s largest aquariums. The building is located near the marina and resembles a giant crab. Thanks to 3D films, interactive pillars and activities, the ocean’s history is clearly understandable for all ages. It even features pools with penguins, seals and … sharks! If you are not afraid of sharks, you should book your cheap flight to Brest now and explore the city!
* Precios por persona, billeté sólo ida, incluyendo las tasas de aeropuerto. Periodo de reserva del 07/11/19 al 08/11/20. Periodo de salida del 07/11/19 al 08/11/20. El número de billetes que se venden a estos precios tan económicos es muy reducido y la oferta sólo será valida hasta que se agote su existencia. La liste de promociones se actualiza frecuentemente (la hora de la última actualización está mencionada al lado de "última modificación").