• City by the beach
• The place to be for architecture and gastronomy lovers
• Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias: the showpiece of culture and science
• A green oasis in the city, the Turia gardens are lovely to stroll through
Valencia is hot! This interesting and charming city is a perfect combination of historical and modern-day culture. A beautiful example is the futuristic museum complex, the City of Arts and Sciences (Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias in Spanish), located just a stone's throw away from the historical city centre. But Valencia is more than just culture: it also boasts nature, gastronomy, countless shops and beaches. Enough to make anybody want to visit this heart-warming city! Feel like taking off? Then book your flights to Valencia now!
Consejos para su estancia en Valencia
Our top tenHave you booked your flights to Valencia, but don’t know where to start? We give you our top ten.
1. Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias
Created by architect Calatrava, the futuristic collection of buildings surrounded by water looks spectacular on the outside. But we mustn’t forget about the enormous aquarium, the interactive science centre, the 3D cinema, opera and the Mediterranean garden it hosts.
2. Turia Gardens
The dry river bed of the Túria has been turned into a 9-kilometre-long municipal park, laced with walking and cycle paths, sports fields, playgrounds, etc. Book your flights to Valencia, explore the city and unwind in the gardens!
3. The cathedral
La Seu Cathedral is a blend of Gothic, Romanesque and Baroque architecture. It is home to the Holy Grail, the chalice Jesus is said to have used during the Last Supper.
4. Paella, tapas and oranges
Paella por favor! This rice dice originated in Valencia and each paella restaurant claims to serve the best in town. Or have tapas at one of the many tapas bars where you can enjoy the outdoor terrace until late at night. Fancy some vitamin C? The orchards surrounding Valencia overflow with delicious oranges.
5. From the city to the beach
A flight to Valencia brings you to a trendy city with a beach! From the harbour, you can stroll down the boulevard – lined with restaurants and bars – and pick your favourite spot on the beach.
6. Central Market
The Central Market (Mercado Central in Spanish) boasts a wonderful architecture, as well as hundreds of stalls with fresh vegetables, fruit, meat, fish, cheese, herbs, etc. This is the place to be for locals and tourists alike!
This is without a doubt the most trendy neighbourhood of Valencia. It offers everything from art nouveau buildings, vintage shops and live music to unique bars and eco-friendly restaurants. But above all, Ruzafa is brimming with charm!
8. La Lonja
The Gothic former silk exchange from the 15th century, the Golden Age of Valencia, and UNESCO world heritage site is a must-see for architecture lovers who have booked their flights to Valencia.
9. Torres de Serranos
The Serranos Towers (Torres de Serranos in Spanish) is one of the gates that once formed part of the 14th-century city wall and later served as a prison. Now you can climb the stairs and enjoy the beautiful view from the tower.
10. In the vicinity: the Costa Blanca
Fancy going to a genuine Spanish costa? Boasting carefully tended strips of sand, a beautiful mountain landscape and charming seaside resorts, the Costa Blanca is only a 1.5-hour drive away. So many reasons to book your flights to Valencia!
* Precios por persona, billeté sólo ida, incluyendo las tasas de aeropuerto. Periodo de reserva del 07/11/19 al 08/11/20. Periodo de salida del 07/11/19 al 08/11/20. El número de billetes que se venden a estos precios tan económicos es muy reducido y la oferta sólo será valida hasta que se agote su existencia. La liste de promociones se actualiza frecuentemente (la hora de la última actualización está mencionada al lado de "última modificación").