• France’s wine capital
• Architectural gems dating from the 18th century
• City centre listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Gastronomy thanks to more than 1,000 restaurants
• The longest car-free shopping street in Europe
With a flight to Bordeaux, you reach the trendy port in the south of France in no time. Over half of the town is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site! Bordeaux is surrounded by about 117,000 hectares of vineyards. It is therefore not surprising that Bordeaux wine became the city’s trademark. In addition, you are only a one-hour drive away from the Atlantic Ocean. Your flights to Bordeaux are waiting for you at TUI fly!
Consejos para su estancia en Bordeaux
Flights to Bordeaux: must-dos!• Marvel at the monumental architecture
Booked a flight to Bordeaux? Then you will probably wind up in Quartier St Pierre, the historical city centre where it is extremely pleasant to stroll. Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux is the city’s eye-catcher, but Cathédrale Saint André will also leave you astonished. As Bordeaux features many architectural gems, UNESCO had no other choice than to list it as a World Heritage Site.
• Cool off at Miroir d’eau
Place de la Bourse is the setting for a fairy tale. In summer, a fog effect is created above the square every fifteen minutes. The square is covered with a layer of water, resulting in a beautiful mirror effect. It is a wonderful place for children to play, but adults also love walking across the water mirror to cool off.
• Wine & dine
Trendy wine bars, wine tastings and wine museums: Bordeaux is the indisputable wine capital. A must-visit is ‘La Cité du Vin’, an impressive museum on the banks of the Garonne. Or book a wine tour and visit several chateaus in the vicinity. You won’t be hungry in Bordeaux. From bistro to gourmet restaurant, the city boasts more than 1000 delicious places to eat.
• Shopping in the ‘golden triangle’
You can find both high-end designers and cheap chain stores in Bordeaux. And just like in Paris, you can go shopping at Galeries Lafayette. Most shops are situated in the ‘golden triangle’ between Cours de l’Intendance, Cours Georges Clemenceau and Allées de Tourny. From that triangle, you can take Rue Sainte Cathérine, the longest car-free shopping street in Europe. A flight to Bordeaux takes you to a true shopping paradise!
• Tame the waves at the Atlantic coast
After your flight to Bordeaux, you are only a one-hour drive away from surf spots along the Atlantic Ocean. Cap-Ferret, Le Porge, Lacanau … the coastline is dotted with cosy surf villages. You can rent surfing equipment and take classes in a surf school, whatever your age and level.
* Precios por persona, billeté sólo ida, incluyendo las tasas de aeropuerto. Periodo de reserva del 07/11/19 al 08/11/20. Periodo de salida del 07/11/19 al 08/11/20. El número de billetes que se venden a estos precios tan económicos es muy reducido y la oferta sólo será valida hasta que se agote su existencia. La liste de promociones se actualiza frecuentemente (la hora de la última actualización está mencionada al lado de "última modificación").