Fuel consumption per passenger on our different routes varies depending on the passenger load factor, distance, type of aircraft, weather conditions and air traffic control. On average our planes consume less than 3 litres per 100 km per passenger. Go ahead and compare this to your car’s fuel consumption!
TUI fly manages to achieve such a low fuel consumption:
- through a high passenger load factor (of over 90%).
- through our focus on sustainability by means of a specialised fuel conservation officer.
- through the continuous modernisation of our fleet, which allows us to use the latest and most efficient technology on our flights. TUI fly has the youngest fleet in Belgium.
- through integration of consumption and emission reduction measures into our pilots’ procedures and training.
- through the preparation of an optimal and dynamic flight plan for each flight with a view to keeping fuel consumption to a minimum.
- through weight-saving measures and an optimal weight distribution on board our aircraft.
This makes TUI fly the Belgian airline company with the largest focus on sustainability and the smallest ecological footprint.