How can I limit my own ecological footprint when on holiday? Below you can find a number of sustainable tips you can take into account during your travels:
- Observe the baggage weight restrictions. A heavier aircraft consumes more fuel and therefore emits more CO2.
- Use water economically.
- Only leave towels on your hotel bathroom floor when they really need washing and reuse bed linen when possible.
- Sort your waste as much as possible. Do not leave any waste in the street or on the beach.
- Only use air conditioning when necessary.
- Undertake a sustainable excursion: use public transport, and when you wish to buy something, try to do so at a local shop.
- Opt for an environmentally friendly rental car.
Take only pictures... leave nothing but footprints