Dog or cat not over 8 kg
A surcharge must be paid of € 50,00 per way and per dog or cat in the cabin. The animal, including bag may not exceed 8 kg.. 1 cat or dog per passenger is allowed, maximum 3 per flight. The animals may be transported in the passenger compartment provided that they are at least 12 weeks old; they are transported in a hygienic watertight bag or basket (total of the dimensions max. 115 cm and 8 kg) big enough so the animal can still stand up; the animal cannot disturb other passengers in any way and female animals are not pregnant. If you are traveling with several pets, you cannot sit next to each other, even if the pets belong to the same family. Each passenger traveling with a pet must sit by the window.
Dog or cat more than 8 kg
Dogs and cats over 8 kg are permitted in the baggage compartment of the aircraft with a surcharge of € 80,00 per way and per dog or cat. 1 cat or dog per passenger is allowed, maximum 4 per flight.
- The animal needs to be at least 12 weeks old and needs to travel in a sealed cage, specifically made for air travel.
- Dogs with flat snouts will not be accepted.
- When in the cage, the animal must be able to turn around its axis and stand completely upright. The maximal dimensions for a cage are : length 121 cm x width 81 xm x height 88 cm.
- Transport of an empty cage is possible as registered (checked) baggage, booked in advance (information under subject Baggage).
- On all long-haul flights, dogs or cats are not allowed in the cabin, but are allowed in the hold
-the rules above only concern flights operated by TUI fly or Freebird (destination Turkey). As no appropriate cargo hold for pets is available on the airplanes of Freebird, only small dogs and cats can be transported in the passenger cabin.
-if their presence is not notified in advance, a surcharge will apply of € 7.50 per pet and per leg of the journey, payable at the airport. In this case you risk not being allowed to bring your dog or cat, since an aircraft only has a limited loading capacity.
For further information regarding the transport of your dog or cat, please refer to our transport conditions.