Passengers with reduced mobility can receive assistance at the airport of departure and of arrival as well as during the flight. In case passengers wish to receive assistance, it is advisable to reserve assistance when booking the flight, or by contacting us as soon as possible afterwards. This assistance is always provided free of charge.
Several types of assistance are available for people with reduced mobility. It is therefore always required to provide correct information.
The most frequent types of assistance include:
- WCHR: passengers who require assistance to cover long distances, but are able to walk and ascend and descend stairs on their own.
- WCHS: passengers who are able to walk short distances, but cannot ascend and descend steps.
- WCHC: passengers who are completely immobile and wheelchair-bound. These persons need to have their own wheelchair and are accompanied to their seat in the airplane.
Other assistance options include:
- Escort for people with auditory and/or visual impairment: passengers are guided to their seat. These persons can always travel with an assistance dog or guide dog.
- Escort for people with developmental and/or cognitive impairment.
- Meet & Assist: escort for passengers who require assistance to find their way at the airport (e.g. people who fly for the first time, who are unable to read, mothers with small children)
At Brussels Airport: First go to the check-in desk in the departure hall to receive your boarding pass. You must then show it to the Special Assistance Welcome Desk, located next to check-in row 2, behind the check-in desks.
Can't make it to the check-in desk or the Special Assistance Welcome Desk? Feel free to go to one of the various PRM help points at the airport. These can be found at the following locations
- Car park P2, level 2 (departure hall)
- Drop-off zone, next to the ticket machine
- Bus station near platform C
- Train station (near the lifts)
At any other airport, please report to the hostess or the handler at the check-in desk.
You can reserve assistance when booking your flight.
If you have already booked your flight, please go to the section 'Contact' on our website to contact us.