Flights to Liège: that’s why!
• The historical city centre
• The Guillemins railway station designed by Santiago Calatrava
• The slopes of the Citadel
• A walk along the River Meuse
• Sniffing out bargains at jumble sales
Tips for your stay in Liège
Flights to Liège: must-sees!
Montagne de BuerenWhen booking a flight to Liège, there is no escaping the Montagne de Bueren! This 374-step staircase is a unique street in the centre of Liège which takes you to the city’s citadel. Don’t worry, the climb is more than worth it: when you reach the top, you are treated to a superb panoramic view of the city.
Place Saint-LambertPlace Saint-Lambert is one of the most important squares in Liège. The largest building on the square is the Palace of the Prince-Bishops, which now houses the courthouse and the provincial government building. The square is frequently used as a venue for events.
St. Paul’s CathedralSt. Paul’s Cathedral is the seat of the Diocese of Liège. It is situated at Place de la Cathédrale in the Carré district. The stained-glass windows, the gothic exterior and the baroque interior are a feast for the eyes.
Place du MarchéIf you are looking for a charming atmosphere, you should go to Place du Marché. During the summer, it is bustling with outdoor cafés and in the winter, the market square is transformed into a cosy Christmas village.
Sunday marketLa Batte is a pleasant Sunday market along the docks of the Meuse with some 500 stalls. They sell clothes, books, records, wine, chees, jewellery… and there are also numerous outdoor cafés.
* Prices per person, one way. Airport taxes included. Booking period from 22/03/19 until 03/11/19. Departure period from 22/03/19 till 03/11/19. Limited number of seats. When fully booked, higher price will apply. This list of promotions is updated frequently (the time of update is displayed hereunder, next to "Last modified"). There is only a limited number of seats available at the promotional rate. When fully booked, higher price may apply.