• The capital of the flower island of Madeira
• Overwhelming green vistas
• Beautiful walking trails along levadas
• The island’s main draw: the Vinho Madeira (Madeira wine)
• Mild temperatures throughout the year
Funchal is the capital of the island of Madeira and is a dream to any nature lover! Visitors come here for the beautiful mountain landscapes, exotic flowers, walking trails and mild temperatures. You will definitely regain your energy in Madeira. tuifly.be is the place to be for cheap flight tickets to Funchal.
Tips for your stay in Madeira
FunchalIf you have booked a flight to Madeira, you must go to Funchal, the island’s capital! Cultural highlights are the 16th-century cathedral Sé do Funchal and São Lourenço Palace. But the indoor market “Mercado dos Lavradores” brimming with colours and scents is certainly worth a visit as well. You can also take the cable car towards Monte, where you will enjoy a marvellous view of the city and its surroundings. It even has a beach: Praia Formosa. This pebbly stretch features many facilities and is a great venue to party at night.
Gardens and parksSometimes described as a floating garden, Madeira indeed boasts remarkably beautiful gardens and parks. The Botanical Gardens (Jardim Botânico) are without a doubt the most renowned park of the island and a must-visit. It hosts a luxuriant selection of more than 2000 exotic plants and offers a breathtaking view! Another place you must go is Monte Palace Tropical Garden, an enormous plant collection on a divine location with an eye-catching lake. Parque de Santa Catarina, Quinta Magnólia, Jardim Municipal and many other gems are also unmissable! A flight to Madeira is synonymous with greenery, lots and lots of greenery!
Porto SantoBeach lovers will delight in visiting the neighbouring island of Porto Santo which boasts an idyllic 9-kilometre stretch of sand! It is rightly called the ‘golden island’. Porto Santo is also a favourite among golfers, surfers and tennis freaks. A flight to Madeira brings you surprisingly close to this gem!
SantanaDo you fancy authenticity? Then you will be enthralled by the 16th-century village of Santana dotted with white houses, red doors, blue shutters, thatched roofs etc. Only a few of these typical Madeira houses are still inhabited. Perched about 400 metres above the coast, Santana offers some great panoramic views.
Porto MonizSituated in the north-west of Madeira, Porto Moniz is famous for its volcanic lakes and lava rocks. When the tide is high, these rocks are flooded and natural pools are created. An absolute tourist draw and a must-visit for anyone who books a flight to Madeira!
* Prices per person, one way. Airport taxes included. Booking period from 07/11/19 until 08/11/20. Departure period from 07/11/19 until 08/11/20. Limited number of seats. When fully booked, higher price will apply. This list of promotions is updated frequently (the time of update is displayed hereunder, next to "Last modified"). There is only a limited number of seats available at the promotional rate. When fully booked, higher price may apply.