Flights to Palermo: that’s why!
• A blend of sun, beach and culture
• Rocky coasts, beaches, creeks, vineyards, mountains and so much more
• Palermo: the capital of Sicily as well as a major city of the arts
• A fascinating island with innumerable myths and legends
Tips for your stay in Palermo
Flights to Palermo: must-sees!Palermo
Palermo: as the Italians say, ‘the only real Sicilian metropolis’. The city boasts the largest harbour of Italy and is the economic and cultural centre of the island. With flights to Palermo you will stumble upon numerous sights. Our top three:
1. La Martorana (official name: Santa Maria dell’Ammiraglio) was built in 1143 and is an impressive combination of Byzantine and Baroque architecture. The church is especially famous for its colourful and unique mosaics. A feast for the eyes!
2. The Capuchin Catacombs, home to a collection of mummies from the 16th century. Thanks to the Capuchin monks, the bodies of the dead have been preserved so well that you can still see about 8,000 of them. It is a bit macabre, but certainly worth a visit.
3. The Palazzo dei Normanni (Palace of the Normans) has been Sicily’s political centre of power for a thousand years. The Sicilian Regional Assembly still meets in this building. The Palatine Chapel featuring elegant mosaics, the courtyard and its various halls are all good reasons to book those flights to Palermo.
Valley of the Temples, Agrigento
Agrigento, then called Akragas, was founded by the Greeks in 581 BC and their temples have been very well preserved. This archaeological site is an absolute must-see in Sicily, boasting the temple of Hera, the temple of Zeus and the temple of Concordia, one of the best-preserved Greek temples in the world. With flights to Palermo, Ancient Greece is within easy reach.
Sicily is perfect for a day at the beach. The gulf of Castellamare is home to several cosy villages along vast sandy beaches. Picturesque Cefalù, one of the villages located in Madonie Regional Natural Park, is more than just a seaside resort thanks to its beautiful historical centre. The azure sea is absolutely tempting.
Natural Park Parco delle Madonie
The hilly Madonie Regional Natural Park covers about 35,000 ha and is home to 15 villages. This green lung is not only laced with walking trails and mountain bike tracks among the magnificent wildlife, it also boasts several museums, an adventure park, a golf course, etc. enough to get lost in Sicily’s beautiful nature for hours.
* Prices per person, one way. Airport taxes included. Booking period from 20/11/17 until 24/10/18. Departure period from 20/11/17 till 24/10/18. Limited number of seats. When fully booked, higher price will apply. This list of promotions is updated frequently (the time of update is displayed hereunder, next to "Last modified"). There is only a limited number of seats available at the promotional rate. When fully booked, higher price may apply.