• Perfect for culture buffs and beach lovers
• Authenticity and local atmosphere
• A rich colonial history
• Cigars, salsa, rum and classic cars
• Famous Cuban people: Che Guevara and Fidel Castro
Over 300 years of Spanish rule have left distinct traces in Cuba, in the shape of colonial buildings, stunningly decorated churches and enchanting theatres. This blend of cultures and races has turned Cuba into a country with a unique local atmosphere. And let’s not forget about the heavenly beaches. Book your cheap flight to Varadero now and discover one of the gems of the Caribbean!
Tips for your stay in Varadero
Varadero: must-sees!Cuba is a perfect destination for anyone who loves culture, authenticity and relaxing on the beach. Book your flight to Varadero today and go on a city break to Havana and Trinidad. Discover how the famous Cuban cigars are rolled and be amazed by the rich colonial history.
• Cuba's vibrant capital, Havana offers a unique open-air museum with La Habana Vieja, the old city centre. Discover its numerous colonial buildings and historic landmarks including El Capitolio, Museo de la Revolución, Castillo del Morro and Gran Teatro de la Habana. The famous 7-kilometre-long boulevard Malecón takes you along beautifully restored houses, the modern skyscraper district of Vedado and numerous important monuments.
• According to the Cubans, Varadero beach is one of the most beautiful sweeps of sand in the world. Book your flight to Varadero and see for yourself! Apart from long stretches of pearl-white sands and azure waters with colourful coral reefs, Varadero has even more to offer. Parque Retiro Josone is a green oasis in the middle of the city and boasts a lake, swimming pool, mini golf course, restaurants and bars. Cueva de Saturno is a subterranean cave with an average temperature of 20°C where you can snorkel and dive 22 metres deep. In the Varahicacos Ecological Reserve you can see El Patriarca, a cactus of more than 500 years old.
• Thanks to the presence of Spanish-style buildings, Trinidad still exudes a 16th-century colonial atmosphere. Plaza Major is the central city square with several museums, a church and historic monuments just a stone’s throw away. Just outside Trinidad you can visit Valle de los Ingenios, a valley where once 70 sugar mills were operated by slaves.
• Santa Clara is most famous for Che Guevara’s mausoleum and the Tren Blindado monument. The mausoleum is the final resting place of Che Guevara and 16 of his fellow militants who died in Bolivia in 1967.
• Pinar del Río features many tobacco plantations where the famous Cohiba and Montecristo cigars are from. You can also visit its Rum Liqueur Factory and enjoy the beautiful nature of Pinar del Río, sometimes also called the ‘garden of Cuba’. With a flight to Varadero, you can discover all this by yourself!
• Santiago de Cuba is Cuba’s second largest city and boasts many historical buildings like Castillo de San Pedro de la Roca del Morro, a 17th-century fortress that has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Thanks to the Afro Caribbean influences from nearby countries Haiti and the Dominican Republic, the streets of Santiago de Cuba are the birthplace of Salsa and Son.
* Prices per person, one way. Airport taxes included. Booking period from 07/11/19 until 08/11/20. Departure period from 07/11/19 until 08/11/20. Limited number of seats. When fully booked, higher price will apply. This list of promotions is updated frequently (the time of update is displayed hereunder, next to "Last modified"). There is only a limited number of seats available at the promotional rate. When fully booked, higher price may apply.