• The capital of São Miguel, the greenest island of the Azores
• Historical buildings in charmingly quaint streets
• Colourful crater lakes, green hills, steep rocks
• Excellent cuisine featuring fresh seafood
• Hot summers, mild winters
Fly to the Azores and recharge your batteries immersed in enchanting nature, with the hilly, pale green landscapes surrounded by traditional fishing villages. Of the nine inhabited islands which constitute the Azores, São Miguel is the largest, with Ponta Delgada as its capital. You can find flights to the Azores here!
Tips for your stay in Azores-Ponta Delgada
Breathtakingly beautiful natureThe Azores are heaven on earth for nature lovers. You can go hiking for hours among the green forests and colourful flowers, on volcanos, along enchanting lakes and waterfalls, in caves, to vantage points offering amazing panoramic views ... You can go on a wonderful walk to the volcanic hot water springs of Furnas, or to the magnificent crater lakes Sete Cidades and Lagoa do Fogo. Wherever you look, there’s always something beautiful to discover.
Dolphin and whale watchingThe Azores are best known for whale and dolphin watching. A boat tour in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean looking for these animals is a unique experience! Residents of this area include about 25 whale and dolphin species, but you will also come across other sea creatures like turtles. In the past, Azoreans were renowned for whale hunting, now they show great respect for these animals and every possible effort is made not to harm them or disrupt their natural behaviour on whale-watching tours.
Maritime cultureThanks to their location in the middle of the ocean, the Azores used to be a beloved stopover for sailors. As a result, the archipelago boasts a wealth of sights from that period. With a flight to Ponta Delgada, you immediately arrive at the cultural heart of São Miguel: beautiful churches like São Sebastião and Santo Cristo, the gateway to the city in the typical black and white style, the military museum etc. However, the other islands also have a lot to offer. The historical centre of Angra do Heroísmo on the island of Terceira is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Santa Maria is home to the chapel Ermida de Nossa Senhora dos Anjos, where the crew of Columbus is said to have prayed on their way back after the discovery of America. And the marina of Horta on the island of Faial exhibits a colourful tradition: murals are painted here by sailors departing on a voyage. Great to see!
* Prices per person, one way. Airport taxes included. Booking period from 07/11/19 until 08/11/20. Departure period from 07/11/19 until 08/11/20. Limited number of seats. When fully booked, higher price will apply. This list of promotions is updated frequently (the time of update is displayed hereunder, next to "Last modified"). There is only a limited number of seats available at the promotional rate. When fully booked, higher price may apply.
Flights to Azores-Ponta Delgada on the following days
Brussels (BRU) Azores-Ponta Delgada, Portugal (PDL)
|17/05/21 - 27/06/21|
|28/06/21 - 29/08/21|
|30/08/21 - 10/10/21|